From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openssl upgrade may miss some needed rebuilds
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 13:43:17
1 On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Håkon Alstadheim
2 <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no> wrote:
3 > On 03. mars 2016 12:26, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Håkon Alstadheim
5 >> <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no> wrote:
6 >>> Would "revdep-rebuild.sh -i -L "libssl\.so.*" -- -f" before emerging, be
7 >>> sufficient ? I.e. that should obviate the need for compiling wget with
8 >>> gnutls ?
9 >>>
10 >> No, and no. The problem is the ABI is silently changing. Rebuilding
11 >> everything
12 > Not rebuilding, "-f" is supposed to mean "fetchonly" , i.e. all wget
13 > would get run first, and then a second run of emerge would do the actual
14 > compilation with the distfiles already on local disk, That is if I
15 > understadnd "-f" correctly, and given enough disk-space and no sneaky
16 > purging distfiles between runs.
19 Ah, missed that. Yes, this would likely eliminate the need to rebuild
20 wget. It would still require you to rebuild everything else
21 afterwards. And, if that fails there is another workaround for
22 fetching in the forum.
25 Rich