From: Jason Carson <jay@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any one using www-apps/online-bookmarks
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:01:06
1 You may have to emerge php with the "apache2" USE flag if it still doesn't
2 work.
3
4 > On Jan 21, 2008 11:16 AM, <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I'm having a little trouble getting www-apps/online-bookmarks set up.
6 >
7 > <snip>
8 >
9 >> When I fill in my server I see a listing like one might see in a file
10 >> browser.
11 >>
12 >> The online site claims it will be linked to an install process but
13 >> that is true here.
14 >>
15 >> Its a file listing of a bunch of php files but opening the install.php
16 >> does not lead to anything usefull... Instead you see a php text file
17 >> that doesn't really work as described.
20 > Haven't used online-bookmarks before myself, but it soulds like Apache
21 > isn't configured properly for PHP scripts - try *adding* the following
22 > to your /etc/conf.d/apache2 file in the APACHE2_OPTS line (inside the
23 > double-quotes):
24 > -D PHP -D PHP5
25 >
26 > and then do:
27 > /etc/init.d/apache2 stop && /etc/init.d/apache2 start
28 > (I've found that sometimes a "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" tries to
29 > start the apache2 processes again before the old processes have fully
30 > closed out, so will sometimes error out...)
33 > HTH-
34 >
35 > James
36 > --