From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 to 3??
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:59:35
1 On 17 Jul 2007, at 18:57, <burlingk@×××××××××.mil>
2 <burlingk@×××××××××.mil> wrote:
3 > ...
4 > The preamble of Version 2 was almost unchanged from the original
5 > preamble written for the first GPL license. It was eloquent. It
6 > was convincing. It was awe inspiring.
7 > ...
8 > It is hard to explain my feelings about the new license.
9 > ...
10 > They took a license that was a work of art that stood as an example
11 > to two loosely bound movements, and ran it through the shredder.
12 > It is like looking upon the battle flag of your own nation with a
13 > moment of pride, only to notice that some vandal has written
14 > seditious slurs all over it.
15
16 I don't agree with you, but your own words are very eloquently
17 written, and do cause me to respect your position. I have read both
18 licenses fully, but sometime I'll have to find the time to do so
19 again and reread your posts.
20
21 Stroller.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list