From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No more FLASH on Linux ?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:03:08
1 On 23/02/12 22:49, James wrote:
2 > Adobe has announce no more Flash on Linux.
3 >
4 > What the the (gentoo) plan for those of us that want
5 > to still view websites that use FLASH from a gentoo
6 > workstation (besides using chrome)?
7 >
8 > What are the work arounds for web surfing without
9 > FLASH support?
10 >
11 > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA2MDc
12
13 We will have to worry about this in 5 years, since the Phoronix title is
14 a bit misleading. The real news is "no more Flash on Linux in 5 years".
15 Adobe will support the current version of Flash for 5 years on Linux.
16
17 Also, maybe other browsers will adopt the Pepper API. If yes, we will
18 be able to run Google's version of Flash on browsers other than Chrome.