From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:58:47
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 02:37:12PM -0500 schrieb Dale:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I did my weekly updates this past Sunday.  I noticed one change I like.
6 >> If I put my mouse pointer over a video file, it does like a animated
7 >> preview thingy.  I've seen some websites do that and it is kinda nifty.
8 >> Then I noticed something that is missing and I use that a LOT, I mean a
9 >> whole LOT.  When I move a file(s) from one place to another, I either
10 >> use Cut or Copy where the file is located and then use Paste where I
11 >> want it to go.  I can do the Cut and Copy part, they are in the right
12 >> click menu as always.  However, the Paste option is gone.
13 >> […]
14 >> This is either a bug or I'm not looking in the right place to enable
15 >> this again.
16 >> […]
17 >> Anyone else notice this or just me?  Am I missing where the setting to
18 >> control this is?  Is it just gone?  Thoughts?
19 > The menu entry appears once you actually have something to paste.
20 > So copy/cut a file first.
21 >
22 > Just reproduced it on my 22.04 Dolphin.
26 I always Cut or Copy first.  I been doing it that way for many years,
27 even back in the KDE3 days.  As pointed out by Neil, you have to put the
28 mouse pointer in a different place now.  Used to you could put it about
29 anywhere but now it has to be on the left side of the pane where there
30 is a empty space.  That works fine and is workable but have to remember
31 to do it that way now.  Maybe the old behavior will be back with the
32 next upgrade.
33
34 Dale
35