From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kdevelop broken (llvm slot issue)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 15:58:53
1 On 19/08/18 11:21, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
2 >
3 > This issue is covered by bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/651658, which is open
4 > since March 2018 and no progress since also March 2018.
5 >
6 > It seems as if multiple slots of llvm cause the problems. mesa pulls in llvm:
7 > 5, while other programs pull in llvm:6 (via clang:6)
8 >
9 > Does anyone have an idea how to get a working kdevelop again?
10
11 I think you have to not have multiple LLVM/Clang installations,
12 unfortunately. That's what the bug indicates.
13
14 I am not having issues with KDevelop with Clang support and I have
15 everything on the latest version:
16
17 LLVM 6.0.1-r1
18 Clang 6.0.1
19 KDevelop 5.2.3 gdbui hex plasma qmake welcomepage
20 kDevelop-php 5.2.3
21 kdevelop-python 5.2.3
22
23 I would just ensure everything is built against one version of
24 Clang/LLVM and get rid of the other versions from the machine.
25
26 If you really don't need the Clang features (if you are using KDevelop
27 for non-C/C++), you can disable it at runtime:
28
29 /usr/bin/env KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=kdevclangsupport kdevelop %u
30
31 I have this is in my menu because KDevelop gets dumb with QML JS vs
32 JavaScript for me, making KDevelop nearly impossible to use with Node projec
35 Andrew