From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't paste from selection in gtk-3 apps
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:33:00
1 In most X11 apps I can select some text and then paste it somewhere
2 else with a middle-click, or dump it to stdout with the command 'xclip
3 -o'. That doesn't work for highligted text in gtk-3 apps (meld,
4 evince, audacious, etc.). After selecting text in a gtk-3 app, if I
5 middle-click in a terminal window it does nothing and 'xclip -o' just
6 hangs. Selecting text elsewhere will deselect the text in the gtk-3
7 app, so gtk-3 isn't _completely_ ignoring X11 clipboards/buffers.
8
9 Any ideas why gtk-3 copy/paste is broken and how to fix it?
12 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow!
13 at BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-
14 gmail.com