From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype masked because of eula?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:15:26
1 >> > Hi,
2 >> >
3 >> > add to your /etc/portage/package.license :
4 >> >
5 >> > net-im/skype skype-eula
6 >> >
7 >> > This will unmask skype.
8 >> >
9 >> > regards,
10 >>
11 >> Could someone explain the purpose of this new portage feature?  I was
12 >> hoping adding a license to package.license would negate the need to
13 >> agree to the license when emerging, but it doesn't seem to do that.
16 > Really? are you sure you don't have a typo? I don't use
17 > package.license, but I put ACCEPT_LICENSE="skype-eula" in my make.conf
18 > and emerged skype with no problems nor prompts.
19 >
20 > What did you see after performing Boris's suggestions?
21
22 I'm doing all of my testing with net-wireless/broadcom-sta.
23
24 package.license seems to unmask the package which otherwise won't
25 emerge. ACCEPT_LICENSE does negate the need manually accept the
26 license. So they seem to perform different functions. skype will
27 still emerge without package.license? Maybe there's a difference in
28 the license which is responsible for the different behavior?
29
30 - Grant