From: Abraham Gyorgy <hangcsapda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: init 1, root device is busy :(
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:54:18
1 Francesco Talamona wrote:
2 > On Saturday 19 April 2008, Gyuszk wrote:
3 >
4 >> I can unmount my /boot and /home partitions but I just can't
5 >> remount my root device to be readonly. (Linux says it is busy.) What
6 >> should I do with this?
7 >>
8 >> 1.) Should I edit my Grub menu.lst to make a new entry with "single
9 >> ro" kernel parameteres?
10 >> 2.) Of course I can fsck from (for example) a LiveCD (like Gentoo
11 >> minimal cd), but at the present I don't have any of these.
12 >> 3.) Other solution?
15 > Of course: it's in use :-)
16 >
17 > Two options:
18 >
19 > 1) force partition check with the following command (seen recently in
20 > this list)
21 > shutdown -Fr
22 >
23 > 2) create the file /forcefsck
24 > touch /forcefsck
25 > then reboot, during shutdown you'll see "A full fsck will be forced on
26 > next startup" and then "Checking root filesystem (full fsck forced)"
27 >
28 > See the scripts /etc/init.d/halt.sh, /etc/init.d/checkfs
29 > and /etc/init.d/checkroot to see all the "nuts and bolts"
30 >
31 > Ciao
32 > Francesco
35 Thanks a lot! I'll give a deep look at the mentioned files.
36 Anyway I think I'll set my fstab. Now all my partitions are set to
37 "never fsck" at boot time. :)
38 --
39 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list