From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:03:13
1 Harry Putnam writes:
2
3 > Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> writes:
4
5 > > You've never heard of FEATURES (or --jobs)? May want to peruse the
6 > > man pages a bit. FEATURES is a very fundamental part of portage (man
7 > > make.conf).
8 >
9 > Sorry for being a lazy slug... I've used the same /etc/make.conf for
10 > several yrs with no problems... so didn't really think to look there.
11
12 Have a look at /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example and compare, you
13 might be surprised.
16 > I've found my systems to do pretty well without those FEATURES or --jobs
17 > entries.
18
19 Oh, --jobs is really really cool. Apart from the small speedup I like it
20 because of the nicer, cleaner progress output you get from your emerges.
21
22 Wonko