From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LINGUAS, L10N, and local-gen
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:54:56
1 allan gottlieb wrote:
2 > Having read the latest news article and rereading parts of the
3 > localization guide, it is not clear to me what action, if any, I need to
4 > take.
5 >
6 > My systems are US English only
7 >
8 > /etc/portage/make.conf has
9 > LINGUAS="en"
10 >
11 > /etc/local.gen has just comments plus
12 > en_US ISO-8859-1
13 > en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
14 >
15 > Should I add
16 > L10N="en-US"
17 > to /etc/portage/make.conf ?
18 >
19 > Should I run local-gen ?
20 >
21 > Thanks
22 > allan
26 I agree that the news item was confusing. The guide it linked to wasn't
27 much better either. In the end, I just fiddled with the setting until I
28 found a setting that didn't change what I already have, in other words,
29 I got a clean emerge -uvaDN world. My first couple runs wanted to
30 remove things and I knew the setting wasn't right yet. After it was all
31 done, this is what I ended up with:
32
33 LINGUAS="en_US en"
34
35 I left the LANG setting as is for the moment.
36
37 Hope that helps.
38
39 Dale