From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eudev/udev changeover: a warning to Linode customers
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 15:31:02
1 On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 10:14 AM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 07:04:26 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >
5 > > > > Disregard that.
6 > > >
7 > > > I'm not using any udev rules for network devices. If all you want is
8 > > > the old eth?/wlan? names back the kernel parameter is sufficient.
9 > > > This works with openrc and systemd here.
10 > >
11 > > Hence the reason I said "disregard that."
12 >
13 > So what were your udev rules doing?
14
15 Most likely, nothing. In the past they disabled predictable interface names.
18 Rich