From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [poll] What is your session state?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:11:31
1 On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 10.02.2014 16:55, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> Stefan, I'm not following you. Do you have the same problem that Walt
5 >> has? In your DE you are being asked for your root password when you
6 >> insert a USB stick or when you power off the machine from the menu?
9 > Only when I start virtual machine manager (VMM,
10 > app-emulation/virt-manager) it says something like "system policy
11 > prevents management of local virtualized systems" and wants the root
12 > password.
13 >
14 > I already saw it asking when powering off but this has changed in the
15 > past ... dunno when. USB-sticks work as well.
16
17 I remeber something similar when I was running gnome-boxes. However,
18 nowadays I use qemu directly; it never asks for my root password. I
19 run it as a normal user, obviously.
20
21 I don't know if this is related to logind.
22
23 Regards.
24 --
25 Canek Peláez Valdés