From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] trouble with apache on amd64
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 03:03:13
1 Sorry for the aborted send a few minutes ago.
2
3 For some reason I am not getting USERDIR on amd64.
4 Attached below is the output of /etc/init.d/apache2 configdump
5
6 The trouble is apparently early in the output
7
8 /usr/sbin/apache2 started with '-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D MANUAL -D SSL -D SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -d /usr/lib64/apache2 -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf'
9
10 On my x86 system there is -D USERDIR. My /etc/make.conf on amd64 is
11
12 # Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example.
13 CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
14 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
15 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
16 MAKEOPTS="-j3"
17 # These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by the
18 # profile used for building.
19 # Since my profile is -desktop, I get quite a few use flags for "free".
20 USE="avahi doc gnome-keyring guile java mmx nsplugin scanner sse sse2"
21 USE="$USE -kde -qt3 -qt3support -qt4"
22
23 LINGUAS="en_US"
24
25 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
26 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv"
27
28 SANE_BACKENDS=" "
29
30 GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/gentoo/ http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo http://gentoo.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/gentoo/ "
31 SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
32
33 APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd \
34 authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default \
35 authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex \
36 cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env \
37 expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap \
38 include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic \
39 negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect \
40 proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status unique_id \
41 userdir usertrack vhost_alias"
44 The APACHE2_MODULES line is copied from the x86 file.
45
46 I have built (twice) apache2 with this make.conf. I am fairly sure this
47 will be an embarrassing omision on my part but I can't remember doing
48 anything else when I build apache a while ago on x86.
49
50 Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
51 allan

allan