From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accidentally deleted contents of /sbin
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:46:10
1 On Thursday 16 November 2006 17:23, James Colby wrote:
2 > I was trying to delete some files from my /sbin directory and with an
3 > unfortunate use of a wildcard accidentally deleted the entire contents
4 > on the /sbin directory. I have recovered the contents of the /sbin
5 > directory from a stage 3 tarball. I was thinking about doing an
6 > emerge world, just to make sure that everything is consistent. Do you
7 > all think that this is necessary?
8
9 I suppose that remerging packages that install anything in /sbin would be in
10 order:
11
12 # cd /var/db/pkg && emerge -va1 $(for pkg in */*; do
13 cut -d' ' -f2 "${pkg}"/CONTENTS | grep -q '^/sbin/' && echo "=${pkg}"
14 done)
17 Bo Andresen