From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 00:15:25
1 On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 13:30:32 -0400,
2 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 > On 4/22/20 1:19 PM, John Covici wrote:
5 > >
6 > > That makes no sense to me -- portage itself says those files are owned
7 > > by 14.7.1965(14) so if its telling me that why does it not just
8 > > replace those files?
11 > Aha, you're not doing anything wrong. The old 14.7.x version was slotted:
12 >
13 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/diff/net-misc/teamviewer/teamviewer-14.7.1965.ebuild?id=2766d49e7c040d373685775a4515967cd0f1b33e
14 >
15 > The new ones aren't (they're all SLOT=0). But the new ones install to
16 > the same place as the old 14.7.x versions. Since slotted packages aren't
17 > supposed to conflict, it's complaining that SLOT=0 and SLOT=14.7 (or
18 > whatever it was) are trying to install to the same place.
19 >
20 > I guess the developer never noticed the problem because he was on a
21 > faster upgrade schedule. You can fix it by uninstalling the old version
22 > manually, and then installing the new one.
25 OK, manually unmerging and re-emerging did the trick -- thanks all for
26 your help.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici wb2una