From: "Covington
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proliant 3000
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:58:10
1 > Trouble is when the SCSI is replaced and it is not thought of because
2 the
3 > OS is on the IDE HD. For me it would be cleaner to boot with a floppy
4 or
5 > CD and (even keep a couple of spare floppies). I have trouble
6 remembering
7 > certian things, the location of the MBR on SCSI 0 would be one of
8 those
9 > things.....
10
11 Well it's just as hard to remember that the MBR is on the floppy or the
12 cdrom as it is on the SCSI disk.
13
14 If it's about remembering which SCSI disk, just run a cron job or init
15 script which installs the Grub MBR in all of your SCSI disks so you
16 won't have to worry about remembering.
17
18 ---
19 Chris Covington
20 IT