From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multi monitor and fullscreen games
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:23:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I got a second monitor and have KDE running in xinerama big screen mode
4 without problems. Most everything works great but every game that I
5 tried was streched over both screens when in fullscreen and gets so
6 unplayable for me.
7
8 Xinerama useflag is set and xinerama is loaded by X without error.
9
10 My card:
11
12 # lspci |grep VGA
13 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
14 Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6800 Series]
15
16 I use the opensource drivers with KMS here.
17
18 # emerge --info |grep xinerama
19 USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 avahi berkdb bluetooth
20 branding bzip2 c++0x cairo cdda cdr cli consolekit cracklib crypt cups
21 cxx dbus declarative dri dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif faac fam ffmpeg
22 firefox flac fortran fuse gdbm gif glamor gpm gtk iconv imagemagick
23 iproute2 ipv6 jpeg jpeg2k kde kipi lame lcms libnotify mad mmap mmx
24 mmxext mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg mudflap multilib mysql ncurses nls nptl
25 ogg openal opengl openmp opus pam pango pch pcre pdf phonon plasma png
26 policykit ppds pppd qt3support qt4 readline sdl semantic-desktop session
27 spell sse sse2 ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg syslog tcpd theora
28 threads thumbnail tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb
29 vim-syntax vorbis webkit wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xcomposite xinerama
30 xml xmp xorg xscreensaver xv xvid zeroconf zlib"
31
32 # grep -i xinerama /var/log/Xorg.0.log -A3 -B3
33 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
34 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
35 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
36 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
37 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
38 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
39 [ 36.903] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
40
41 Is there anything that can be done to fix this problems with fullscreen
42 games?
43
44 The best would be if I could configure X to use the monitors as seperate
45 screens 0:1 and 0:2 but when I try to configure this in Xorg.conf the
46 second screen is not found and both monitors are configured in clone mode.
47
48 This is the xorg.conf that I tried last, atm no xorg.conf is used at all.
49
50 Section "ServerLayout"
51 Identifier "Default"
52 Screen 0 "BenQ" 0 0
53 Screen 1 "VideoSeven" rightof "BenQ"
54 InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
55 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
56 Option "Xinerama" "off"
57 Option "Clone" "off"
58 EndSection
59