From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] squid quick start
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:59:18
1 Where can I get a current quick start guide for squid?
2 The one installed with 2.5.11 apparently isn't accurate against that
3 versions squid.conf.
4
5 It has this promising line:
6
7 Uncomment and edit the following lines in
8 /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf:
9
10 But then many of the lines are not present in the
11 squid.conf provided.
12 (Allowing for address differences of course)
13
14 Or it appears newer or different stuff is expected there.
15
16 Just not really clear what to do from the quick start guide. At least
17 not for someone with no experience with squid.
18
19 Is there a gentoo specific howto? Google didn't turn up one with these
20 strings:
21
22 site:gentoo.org HOWTO squid
23 site:gentoo.org "step by step" squid
24
25 And a few others I tried. Lots of stuff about squid but mostly
26 mentions in forum messages or the like. Or obviously advanced topics.
27 And tons of mentions of security vulnerability. I weeded those out by
28 adding "-denial" (no quotes) to the search strings.
29
30 But still after a fair bit of smoozing thru the hits I didn't find a
31 likely suspect to get a green horn started.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list