From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sshd no longer starting when it should.
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:29:13
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:18 on Wednesday 08 June 2011, Grant Edwards
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > A recent update seems to have broken sshd. It no longer starts when
5 > it should. It seems to refuse to start up unless eth0 is up. For years
6 > I've had the following in /etc/conf.d/rc
7 >
8 > RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo"
9 >
10 > According to the comments that means that the "net" service is up as
11 > long as at least one interface (including lo) is up, and sshd used to
12 > obey that setting. But now sshd seems to ignore that and has decided
13 > that it knows better than I do -- it refuses to start when I tell it
14 > to via "/etc/init.d/sshd start", and says "sshd is scheduled to start
15 > when net.eth0 has started". I don't plan on starting net.eth0, but I
16 > want sshd started anyway. If I'd meant "start if you happen to feel
17 > like it" I would have typed
18
19 Didn't read all the messages and files after upgrading openrc, right?
20
21 What you want is in /etc/rc.conf and it's now called rc_depend_strict
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com