From: Douglas Linford <drkrider@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automounting drives, partitions & udev, mtab & fstab
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:40:55
1 Alan,
2
3
4 Excuse the double post....
5
6 So...I am running Gnome 2.16.2 Is Gnome Volume Manager also managing the
7 drives and partitions I have?
8 And then what creates the volume name that is displayed on the desktop for
9 that drive?
10 In my example I have a USB external drive with a ext3 partition, there is no
11 listing in /etc/fstab for that partition, /etc/mtab lists it as, /dev/sdc2
12 /media/disk, and on the desktop the icon for it reads, 66.0 GB Volume. Where
13 is that configured?
14
15 douglas
16