From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange mplayer symbols on a terminal
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:23:41
1 On Thursday 20 September 2007, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:27:35AM +0300, Rumen Yotov wrote:
3 > > These are bulgarian cyrillic symbols, can read them (messages,info etc.)
4 > > Check the LANG var in make.conf, LINGUAS too.
5 > > Please post the output of: 'locale -a' as a user plus 'env | grep LANG'.
6 > > HTH. Rumen
7 >
8 > Mplayer comes from Hungary, right? Could this be Hungarian?
9
10 Good thinking! I do not have Hungarian in my locales or in my LINGUAS.
11 Perhaps that's something to do with this problem?
12
13 > $ locale -a | head
14 > C
15 > POSIX
16 > aa_DJ
17 > aa_DJ.utf8
18 > aa_ER
19 > aa_ER@saaho
20 > aa_ET
21 > af_ZA
22 > af_ZA.utf8
23 > am_ET
24 >
25 > I set LINGUAS for fun a while back, making sure en_US was first:
26 >
27 > LINGUAS="en_US af ar az bg bn br bs ca cs cy da de el en_GB eo es et
28 > eu fa fi fr fy ga gl he hi hr hu is it ja km ko lt lv mk mn ms nb nds
29 > nl nn pa pl pt pt_BR ro ru rw se sk sl sr sr@Latn ss sv ta tg tr uk uz
30 > zh_CN zh_TW"
31
32 My LINGUAS just have: LINGUAS="en_GB el"
33 --
34 Regards,
35 Mick