From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS can't print--RESOLVED
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:10:45
1 --- On Wed, 10/1/08, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
4 > Subject: [gentoo-user] CUPS can't print
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
7 > Hi group,
8 >
9 > This printer, HP Laserjet 4 plus, works fine in WinXP.
10 > According to localhost:631 the printer was set up
11 > successfully but when I tried to print a test page the
12 > printer made some whirring noise then stopped and went
13 > off-line. In the LED readout on the printer it says: PC Load
14 > H4. According to the error log the job was "completed
15 > successfully".
16 >
17 > The printer does not appear in dmesg but according to the
18 > gentoo printing howto this is not critical. I'm using
19 > cups-1.3.7-r1.
20 >
21 > Any help appreciated
22 >
23 > Maxim
24
25 So, I found there's two ways to load this thing: a stack of paper in a tray at the bottom or individually via a fold out door above the tray
26 <slaps own forehead>. Then it's a question of adjusting 'Properties' in the print dialogue. 'A4' or 'Letter' before clicking 'Print' a second time.
27
28 Now if I can just figure out how to un-bold the font: way to much ink being used ;)