From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh connections time out
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 04:47:40
1 Mick wrote:
2 > I just ran some quick tcptraceroute tests and can see that my random port
3 > number has the same or less latency than port 80, or port 22
4 > connections . . .
7 try two things:
8
9 1) put your sshd on port 443 if you can. see if you can connect with no
10 latency.
11
12 or
13
14 2) perform this as root on BOTH boxes:
15
16 # echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
17
18 that will disable the large tcp window negotiation. some broken
19 firewalls/packet filters cause connections with this enabled to fail or
20 become unfriendly.
21
22 http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2007/01/msg00652.html
23 --