From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hard drive encryption
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:47:19
1 On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 05:11:47PM +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > > Since I am planning to encrypt only home/ under LVM control, what kind
4 > > of overhead should I expect?
5 >
6 > What do you mean with overhead? CPU utilization? In that case the
7 > overhead is minimal, especially when you run a 64-bit kernel with the
8 > optimized AES kernel module.
9
10 Speaking of that...
11 I always wondered what the exact difference was between AES and AES i586. I
12 can gather myself that it's about optimisation for a specific architecture.
13 But which one would be best for my i686 Core 2 Duo?
14 --
15 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
16 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
17
18 A pessimist is an optimist who's given it some thought.