From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still Struggling With Wireless
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:25:03
1 On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:49:23 +0000, CJoeB wrote:
2
3 > More than anything, I am acknowledging this response. My understanding
4 > is that Wicd requires wpa-supplicant. I don't know that I'm ready to
5 > try to tackle the setup of wpa-supplicant - it's supposed to be harder
6 > (it looks harder from what I have read) to configure than wireless-tools
7
8 Wicd require wpa_supplicant because that's what it uses, not you. Wicd
9 does all the hard work, you just give it the password etc. and let it get
10 on with things.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when
17 we created them." (Albert Einstein)