From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEMS
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:27:06
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 19:42, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2
3 > Don't know about the rest, but the "send later" feature has hit me in the
4 > past, too. What can happen is that a message you suspend with "send
5 > later" actually gets sent automatically after a few, if,
6 > in "settings->configure kmail->accounts->sending->send messages in
7 > outbox folder", you have "on manual mail checks" or "on all mail
8 > checks".
9 > (Remember that "send later" puts the message in the outbox folder, not in
10 > the drafts folder).
11 >
12 > So, to avoid surprises, either use "save in drafts folder" instead
13 > of "send later", or use "never automatically" for the above setting.
14
15 Thanks, I have set all my accounts to "Confirm before send" and "Never
16 automatically". It seems that the second message in the queue in the Outbox
17 follows the first, quite literally, to the same "Send To:" address and
18 through the same smtp server. It seems to me that I need to test this a bit
19 more . . .
20
21 Meanwhile, I think I'll stick with 'Save in Drafts' for now.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick