From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] initramfs, network diskless boot, init process, problems with switchroot (pivot_root)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:17:14
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I'm not sure if it's the best place to do this question but I hope somebody
4 could help me...
5 well, I'm trying to make such a network diskless boot script for a amd64
6 machine, the target of this project is to boot an amd64 machine via network
7 and mount nfs share as the root filesystem.
8 I'd created an initramfs wich mount the nfs share and do the pivot_root
9 (actually switch_root from busybox) but the problem is exactly at this
10 moment, 'cause when I try to do the switch_root and start the real init from
11 the nfs share, the system appears to freeze but after some seconds it do
12 print a message "Rebooting System" and just reboot the machine.
13 I'd tried to reinstall sysvinit (even a static version) but the problem
14 persists, I als tried to change the sysinit script on inittab but again the
15 same problem and it feels like the script is not executed, so for a last try
16 I did changed the init binary with a script that just call /bin/bash and for
17 my surprise it did work, but none system process run course.
18
19 What I want to know is if is there a way to change this "/sbin/rc sysinit"
20 from inittab to a custom script wich will do some configurations like create
21 some directories, mount some systems and later start the normal process from
22 "default" rc?
23
24 tks in any advance,
28 Claudinei Matos