From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Color profiles and colorspace awareness
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:35:49
1 What's the current state of color space awareness and color profiles
2 on Linux? I'm at the point where I'd be willing to spring for a
3 calibration kit to calibrate my monitors, which did not themselves
4 come with color profiles...except all the kits I've seen seem to
5 assume Windows.
6
7 I'd like to move towards having a full color-aware workflow for both
8 my LDR and HDR (DEF->JPG, DEF->hugin->stitch->JPG) work, and I'd like
9 to do it on Linux. I don't want to ask these kinds of questions in
10 more photography-oriented environments, because I'm tired of being
11 peppered with "Just use a Mac", "Just use Windows" and "Just use
12 Photoshop" responses. I know Gimp and ufraw support colorspace
13 profiles, I've seen the USE flags in portage, it's just the inputs and
14 outputs of my workflow which I don't yet see how to cover.
15
16 Slightly offtopic: I'd love to be able to set up a color profile for
17 my Pentax K-x's raw output, too. Anyone aware of a
20 :wq