From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] initng or runit?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:41:06
1 On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:01:24 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:
2
3 > Would some kind soul save me a bit of research time? Which of the two
4 > alternative init schemes are faster, initng or runit?
5
6 There's a third option that doesn't involve switching init systems, set
7 RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="no" in /etc/conf.d/rc. I saw a significant speedup
8 when using this, and it is fully integrated into baselayout.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four
15 tellers?