From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:08:50
1 On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:01:20 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > You should really consider moving to GRUB2 though.
4 >
5 > Last time I looked, it couldn't handle all the kernels and options I
6 > have.
7
8 GRUB2 can handle anything GRUB1 can. You probably mean that
9 grub2-mkconfig couldn't do what you want, but you can either create
10 grub.conf manually or put your manual configuration in one of the files
11 in /etc/grub.d.
12
13 Copy 40_custom to 05_gentoo, edit it to boot whatever you need and run
14 grub2-mkconfig.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "I can't configure
21 Slackware".