From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rsync for backup, can anybody help
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:43:38
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:07:38 +0000, Paul Stear wrote:
4 >
5 >> > --one-file-system
6 >>
7 >> Still not sure what the above will produce, I didn't find the man page
8 >> very readable. Take sys for example, if it is saying that the directory
9 >> would be created, would I still need to exclude everything under it?.
10
11 Neil has handled this... I wanted to include the rsync syntax to
12 collect only directories... full or empty:
13
14 So to collect all the directories regardless of your excludes
15 put this before any excludes:
16 --include=/**/
17
18 The trailing slash confines it to direcotories only.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list