From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:26:45
1 On 01/-10/37 11:59, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How does
3 > everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use? For
4 > server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting setup
5 > or use case?
8 I use gentoo on my laptop (1.6 GHz core2duo, 4GB RAM), desktop (3 GHz
9 QX9650, 8GB RAM), home file server (2.5GHz core2duo), htpc (another
10 core2duo and 2GB RAM), and various servers (one's a dual P3 1.1GHz box
11 that's getting retired) at work, both production and testing. Actually,
12 I'll be moving the servers at work onto ESXi soon.
13
14 They've all served me well.
15
16 Dan