From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM2 compile error. Clock_gettime
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 05:33:03
1 Bruce Hill wrote:
2 > You might want to run "enalyze rebuild use" to get an idea of what USE
3 > flags you have which do not match the default settings. Over the
4 > course of time the defaults change, and our need for certain options
5 > change, so it's good to run this and check any USE flags for
6 > situations such as yours above, where one would say, "I can't recall
7 > WHY I set it to that." If you can't find a reason then it's best to
8 > stick with the default settings most of the time. This is all that
9 > command will do on your system: mingdao@server ~ $ enalyze rebuild use
10 > -- Scanning installed packages for USE flag settings that do not match
11 > the default settings -- preparing pkgs for file entries - Saving file:
12 > /home/mingdao/package.use.test - Done Bruce
13
14 Ran that and the list is actually pretty short. I go with defaults
15 unless it is something that is specific to my setup. Such as -gnome or
16 kde since I don't use the former but do use the later. Sometimes when I
17 emerge something that conflicts, I have to pick one over the other and
18 portage lets me know that. That usually goes in package.use which is
19 also a small file.
20
21 So, doesn't seem to help much here. Did find a new command tho. ;-)
22
23 Thanks
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!