From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: digital camera - Longshot!
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:02:57
1 Matthew R. Lee <gentoo <at> matthewlee.org> writes:
4 > Dear All,
5 > I've just taken delivery of a shiny new microscope with a digital imaging
6 > system. Essentially a fancy usb webcam. As usual out of the box there is no
7 > Linux support. The model is a Q Imaging Go-3. Their website doesn't mention
8 > linux support except in the context of the firewire models.
11 http://www.qimaging.com/products/cameras/documentation/
12
13 Says:
14 "The Go Series use superior CMOS sensors which take advantage of USB 2.0
15 plug-n-play interfaces under Windows supported operating systems. The
16 MicroPublisher cameras use CCD technology combined with the sustained data
17 performance of FireWire to offer superior color imaging and performance for
18 Windows, Mac and Linux based operating systems. Both the Go and MicroPublisher
19 series cameras come with QCapture Suite and QCapture Pro software designed for
20 high speed performance preview and capture functions. A Software Development Kit
21 is available for easy interfacing with custom software. QImaging cameras are
22 compatible with a large selection of life science and industrial software for
23 microscope, machine vision and video streaming applications. "
26 Oh by the way, in my previous post I mentioned "classes of usb
27 drivers". Take a look here:
28
29 http://www.usb.org/developers/defined_class
30
31 A generic class driver under linux just might work for your device,
32 since it is bascially a "web cam". Vendors most often try to get
33 their products to use the generic class drivers, so they work
34 out of the box with the various operating systems.
35
36 Surely there is a way to make one of their microscopes work with linux?
39 I'd be interested in this, if they do not cost too much.....
42 James
45 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list