From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: text in xterm
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:22:39
1 On 2010-10-07, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:57 AM, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Folks,
5 >>
6 >> I have an interesting problem -- not sure what's causing it.
7 >>
8 >> Using xfce4 + compiz -- nothing too fancy. When I open an xterm and
9 >> start typing, I start getting 'artifacts' (specifically green lines
10 >> between the various letters I'm trying) in my xterm.
11 >
12 > What video hardware and driver are you using?
13
14 I used to see (different) rendering artifacts when using the ATI fglrx
15 "blob" driver and aterm -- but not other drivers nor other programs. I
16 switched to the radeon driver, and haven't had any issues since.
17 Actually, the last time I tried the fglrx driver, I think the problem
18 had gone away.
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... I want to perform
22 at cranial activities with
23 gmail.com Tuesday Weld!!