From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] depclean portect a class of ebuilds ?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 16:40:16
Howdy,

Ok, so I use this syntax (in make.conf) to protect gentoo-source kernels,
as I like to keep kernel codes around for quite a while:

EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--exclude gentoo-sources"

It works just fine.

Today, I have many many ugly and hacked java projects
on my "munge" system. I have spend countless hours hacking
at java; so I do not wish for any dev-java codes to be removed
by --depclean, but the others can be cleaned up.

I have not been able to find a way to (inside of make.conf)
to prevent these dev-java/* ebuild removals.

Insight, discussion and syntax snippents are all welcome, that will
allow me to protect *java* from depclean.

James