From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] limewire won't start
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 03:24:11
1 --- Chad Feller <cfeller@××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > methinks java is not in your path. if you type:
4 >
5 > "which java"
6 >
7 > does it return anything? that failing find out
8 > where it (java) is on
9 > your system. something like this should help:
10 >
11 > "locate javac | grep bin"
12 >
13 > (I chose javac instead of java as you shouldn't get
14 > a mile of output,
15 > but likewise you could do a "locate java" instead -
16 > nevertheless they
17 > should be in the same place). if locate returns
18 > something, then take a
19 > peek at your path ("echo $PATH") and that should
20 > reveal your problem.
23 heathen@sarawak ~ $ which java
24 which: no java in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin)
25 heathen@sarawak ~ $ locate javac | grep bin
26 /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02/bin/javac
27 heathen@sarawak ~ $ echo $PATH
28 /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
29
30 Hey, you're right! How'd that happen? I wonder does
31 this have something to do with an emerge -C openssh?
32 Before it ran it warned me that openssh was part of my
33 profile and could cause me problems. But java? Too weird!
34
36 Do You Yahoo!?
37 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
38 http://mail.yahoo.com
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list