From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] krecipes fails due to gcc library problem
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:38:55
1 Mick schreef:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This is a box I converted into the new gcc-3.4.4 following the long
5 > winded approach of re-emerging everything according to the guide.
6 > Neveretheless, I have now come up to this problem when I am trying to
7 > emerge krecipes:
8 <snip>
9 > Any ideas how I could fix it?
10
11 *Whenever* you see a message that contains the following output
12
13 > libtool: link: cannot find the library
14 > `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.6/libstdc++.la'
15
16 the solution is to run
17
18 fix_libtools_files.sh
19
20 In your case, apparently some *.la files were not moved from your old
21 GCC, so you'd want to run
22
23 fix_libtools_files.sh 3.3.6
24
25 (the old version of GCC, which is always in the error, as you can see).
26 Had you changed your CHOST (say from i386 to i686), the command would be
27 the same, but with the --oldarch switch to indicate the old CHOST
28 instead of the old GCC version.
29
30 Then run your emerge again.
31