From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sudo in kernel config ?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 18:00:15
1 On 09/11/2010 11:24 AM, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
2 > few months ago, I read linux kernel in a nutschell, and the author wrote we
3 > shouldn't do kernel operations (config and build) as root.
4 >
5 > Is sudo (or kdesudo ?) a good replacement to that ?
6 >
7 > Kdesudo works good to have xconfig, which is more comfortable that menuconfig.
8 > But is it a good manner of making things ?
9
10 Why sudo? Simply chown -R the whole kernel tree. Only the
11 modules_install and install targets will need root.
12
13 I've done it like this for as long as I can remember.