From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to attempt EFI install, which modules to compile?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:23:35
1 On 02/27/2015 01:09 AM, Matti Nykyri wrote:
2 >> On Feb 27, 2015, at 5:57, Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Make a partition for gentoo and format it. Untar stage3 and portage snapshot to it (snapshot is faster than rsync). Chroot. Emerge portage and grub. I copied kernel from my old system to /boot. If you don't have this build a new one. Run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (mkdir if it doesn't exists. (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2)
5 > Manually modify grub.cfg so that the root drive will match the setup of the new system. (Something like this /dev/sdb2 -> /dev/sda2 and hd1,2 -> hd0,2)
8 If you're using grub2, you should not be manually editing grub.cfg, just
9 /etc/default/grub and running grub2-mkconfig. The computer I'm on right
10 now boots with EFI, and I've never had to manually touch grub.cfg.
11
12 Alec