From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chrome and everything
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:26:03
1 On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:49 AM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Something strange happen here. I have seen few things in Linux world
5 > but this is very new for me!
6 >
7 > I have this fantastic browser called Chromium (12.0.742.68) and I
8 > really like it. But, sometimes, when I see flash videos on different
9 > sites (youtube, cnn, bbc) the whole chromium become frozen and basicly
10 > impossible to kill it
11
12 Flash is behaving like this in every browser on my Gentoo ~amd64 box
13 ever since Flash plugin 10.3 was released. Constantly freezing UI,
14 flash video still showing when when window is closed, etc. With
15 earlier 10.x series it was (mostly) okay, it was definitely usable.
16 With 10.3 so far it is basically a waste of time to try loading any
17 flash objects. Noscript/adblock to the rescue. ;)