From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Which USB device on which controller?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:26:59
1 On 2009-02-27, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'm looking at the box of one of the webcams and it says "USB 2.0
4 > compatible".
5
6 A USB 1.1 device _is_ "USB 2.0 compatible" because a USB 2.0
7 will slow down and run at 1.1 speed. Does the device say it's
8 "high speed" USB? "USB 2.0 compatible" generally means it's a
9 USB 1.1 device.
10
11 > It's not a cable problem because the cable is built right into
12 > the webcam. I'm not trying to get the webcam to go faster
13 > back and forth to the controller, I just need to make sure I
14 > don't have both webcams on the same OHCI (1.1) USB controller.
15 > I would think buying a USB expansion card would work, but I
16 > have an EHCI (2.0) controller on this system and a second OHCI
17 > (1.1) controller.
18 >
19 > Does anyone have any idea on this. It really doesn't make sense.
20
21 Sounds like it's a 1.1 device to me.
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Edwin Meese made me
25 at wear CORDOVANS!!
26 visi.com