From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing nvidia settings dynamically
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:52:54
1 On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:55:33 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > Whenever I dock / undock I have to run nvidia-settings to change the
4 > resolution from the virtual 3840x1200 to 1920x1200 or vice versa. Also
5 > since two screens is the "Default" I have to do this when I log in with
6 > only the laptop.
7 >
8 > I am looking for a way to use the command line nvidia-settings (as much
9 > as I've studied the help I can't find out how to do it - all attributes
10 > seem read-only to the command line nvidia-settings)
11
12 Can you do this with the --config and --load-settings options?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I am in total control, but don't tell my wife.