From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] The Great Macbook Update 1: Audio
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 22:02:29
1 Hi,
2
3 I am updating my Macbook Pro installation. While many programs I updated
4 often, the basics (Xorg, kernel, etc.) were taking dust since... well, a
5 lot. I only found time with these holidays. This is therefore probably
6 the first thread of a long series...
7
8 To make it short: The machine is a late-2007 Macbook Pro which I updated
9 from vanilla-sources 2.6.24-rc6 to gentoo-sources-2.6.31.6. Everything
10 essential seems to work fine, apart from audio. Audio card is
11 recognized, the hardware (from lshw) is:
14 product: 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller
15 vendor: Intel Corporation
16 physical id: 1b
17 bus info: pci@0000:00:1b.0
18 version: 03
19 width: 64 bits
20 clock: 33MHz
21 capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
22 configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0 module=snd_hda_intel
23
24 The situation is a classic: everything *seems* recognized, no program
25 compalins, *but* I hear only silence, no audio.
26
27 alsamixer and kmix agree on everything being turned on. Where should I
28 try to look?
29
30 Thanks!
31 m.