From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In need of script/command that will parse out all the packages from "emerge -avu world"
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:54:06
1 > Boris has the right answer, but skipped a step or two in his
2 > explanation. You are correct that "emerge -C" will not remove
3 > dependant packages. But emerge --depclean never removes anything that
4 > is in your world file.
5 >[snip]
6 > Some more time passes, you realize you have a lot of crap you are not
7 > using installed, and decide to cleanup a bit, starting with "emerge -C
8 > xfce4". xfce4 is a metabuild that has no files, so that goes really
9 > quick, and doesn't really get rid of anything. Now you do "emerge
10 > --depclean world", figuring that will clean out dependancies. But
11 > because you have all of those xfce4
12 > packages in your world file, depclean doesn't want to remove any of them.
13
14 OK, now I understand. Thanks a lot.
15 I always thought that world was just "the set of all packages installed
16 in my system" and that --oneshot was just a way to override updates.
17 Probably I didn't read the gentoo manual very well :)
18
19 m.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list