From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:46:55
1 To save others some time investigating why their daily / weekly /
2 monthly cron jobs (those located in /etc/cron.{daily,weekly,monthly})
3 run twice when transitioning from DST to non-DST, it's a bug in
4 /usr/sbin/run-crons <https://bugs.gentoo.org/69777> (yes, you've read
5 the bug number correctly). The script is too eager to clean up stale
6 "lastrun" files.
7
8 I attached a patch to the bug, but considering how old the bug is, and
9 from the tone of the discussion there, I have little hope that it gets
10 applied. If you would like to see this fixed, it may be worth chiming in
11 on the bug. Or if you're a kind Gentoo developer listening to affected
12 users, to take action.
13
14 -- Remy