From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel schedulers
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:26:42
1 On Dec 13, 2007 3:57 PM, Jason Carson <jay@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I was reading this article (http://lwn.net/Articles/114770/) which says...
4 >
5 The article is very old, take a look at this, newer one:
6 http://www.redhat.com/magazine/008jun05/features/schedulers/
9 > AS (Anticipatory Scheduler) still seems to be better for desktop systems
10 > and IDE disks
11 >
12 > ... I have a server, not a desktop system but am using an IDE disk so
13 > which scheduler is better for a server. Should I stay with anticipatory
14 > because I am using an IDE disk or switch to something else because my
15 > system is a server?
18 > > 071213 Jason Carson wrote:
19 > >> Where in 'make menuconfig' do I find the choice for schedulers.
20 > >> The one I am currently using is "Anticipatory".
21 > >> What is the newest and latest scheduler for 2.6.23?
22 > >
23 > > Try '/sched', which will get you started & lead you to
24 > > 'Enable block layer -> IO Schedulers -> whatever you want'.
25 > > '?' get you help on the options ...
26 > >
27 > > I seem to be using 'CFQ', which is apparently the default:
28 > > my desktop system is performing admirably.
29 > >
30 > > --
32 > > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
33 > > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
34 > > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
35 > > --
36 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
41 > --