From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Warning when installing/updating clucene
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:38:26
1 Hi all,
2
3 I thought I'd posted about this way back when I opened the bug at
4 sourceforge:
5
6 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3494798&group_id=80013&atid=558446
7
8 but didn't find anything in my local archives, so I guess I didn't...
9
10 Does anyone use clucene? I'm planning on enabling FTS (full text search)
11 on a new dovecot server, and was planning on using clucene, but would
12 like to see about getting this warning taken care of (if it is indedd
13 something I need to be worried about)...
14
15 I only got one response on the bug tracker (a month after my original
16 report, and that only after I pinged for a reply) saying they weren't
17 doing much work on it at the moment and that they'd look into it in a
18 few days, then nothing - and that was back in March.
19
20 Here is the warning:
21
22 QA Notice: Package triggers severe warnings which indicate that it
23 may exhibit random runtime failures.
24 /var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/clucene-2.3.3.4-r4/work/clucene-core-2.3.3.4/src/core/CLucene/index/DocumentsWriter.cpp:129:33:
25 warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of ‘void* memset(void*,
26 int, size_t)’
27 Please do not file a Gentoo bug and instead report the above QA
28 issues directly to the upstream developers of this software.
29 Homepage:http://clucene.sourceforge.net/
30
31 I'm assuming everyone gets this warning, so am wondering what it means,
32 and whether or not I should even bother with clucene. Lucene++ appears
33 to possibly be the new lucene implementation, but it is <yuck> java based...