From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Start Epiphany
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:17:09
1 On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 09:01 -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Howdy all, I've just made a shiny new install and am using the Gnome
3 > desktop, but I cannot seem to start Epiphany. When I try, I get a
4 > dialogue box telling me:
5 >
6 > Startup failed because of the following error:
7 > Unable to determine the address of the message bus (try 'man
8 > dbus-launch' and 'man dbus-daemon' for help)
9 >
10 > I did run /etc/init.d/dbus start as root (and added that to default run
11 > level) and I did log out/in afterwards, and the problem persists. Any
12 > ideas?
13
14 is it possible that you are using gnome-2.16 without gdm ? if so, read
15 this:
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/gnome/howtos/gnome-2.16-upgrade.xml
17
18 HTH,